Corporate Office - Carthage, MO
Leggett & Platt's Corporate Office implemented the Eco Initiative program in March 2014. Even before implementing a formal environmental management program at the facility, a sustainability culture existed. In addition to a comprehensive recycling program, some of the steps they have taken to lessen their environmental impact are:
- Reusable cups have replaced disposable cups, diverting nearly 100,000 foam cups from landfills annually.
- L&P trucks have been equipped with predictive cruise, auxiliary power units, aerodynamic fairings, and trailer skirts to improve fuel efficiency.
- Heating and air conditioning units are being replaced with energy-efficient units.
- White roofing was installed to reflect light, conserving energy.
- A lighting enhancement is currently underway to change from fluorescent lights to LED lights that use half the energy – an estimated energy savings that is equivalent to taking 77 cars off the road.